- What kind of lessons do you offer?
- We offer Music lessons for ages 4 - Adult. We offer Private Lessons, Group Classes of 4 or more students and Buddy Classes of 2-3 students. Our lessons include Guitar, Piano/Keyboard, Violin,
Viola, Cello, Voice, Group Singing Classes, Drums/Percussion, Bass, Woodwinds, Brass, Ukulele, Mandolin, Harmonica, Christian Drama, Summer Camps and more.
We offer 30, 45, & 60 minute lessons.
- Can I Register at any time?
Yes, we offer Year Round lessons.
Private Lesson students and Buddy Classes can start at any time.
We start Group Classes 2 times a year. We have Fall and Spring Classes.
Our Fall Group Classes (30 weeks) are from September – May
Our Spring Classes (15 weeks) are January-May.
If you are registering to start lessons after August 16, please fill out the Registration Form and our office will contact you with prorated tuition prices.
- Can Parents sign up for any Group class with their Kids?
YES!!! We have had an overwhelming number of Parents ask us if they can take the lessons with their kids! We are extending to Parents the opportunity to Register for any Group class with their kids! The classes will be at the child’s level.
What great memories you'll have and cherish taking lessons with your kids!!! Please make sure that you let us know when you register what you are signing up for.
Parents will need to fill out a separate Registration for themselves and put in the comment box the child's name you want to take with so we put you in the correct class.
- I noticed you have several locations. Which one is best for me?
- Our main campus for daytime and after school lessons is at centrally located Harvest Family Church at 303 Post Oak Drive in Conroe. That location is the easiest to get to from all directions.
We do offer lessons on campus at several schools and also in home lessons in some areas. Our Recitals and Summer Camps are held at Harvest Family Church (HFC). HFC is located only 2-5 minutes from The Rec Center, Oscar Johnson, Sacred Heart, TTC, Covenant Christian, ACAT, Lifestyle Christian, and many other schools that attend our classes. If you are coming from The Woodlands, Spring, Montgomery, Willis, or New Caney, or surrounding areas, HFC is easy to get to from I-45, 105 or 336. It is located 1 block S of Gladstell off S Frazier.
- What are your hours at the Harvest Family Church location?
- Mondays 2:00pm-7:00pm
Note: Earlier or later times may be available some days. Check with our office for other options.
- What are the dates of the Lessons and Classes?
We follow the Conroe ISD Holiday Calendar
Private Lessons and Buddy Classes start August 16, 2017 - May 25, 2018.
30 Week Group Class Schedule:
Mondays starting August 28, 2017 – May 21, 2018
Tuesdays starting August 29, 2016 - May 15, 2018
15 Week Group Class Schedule:
Mondays starting January 29, 2017 - May 21, 2018
Tuesdays starting January 30, 2017 - May 15, 2018
WE HAVE 4 WEEKS OF SUMMER CAMPS FOR 2017. Go to the home page and Summer Camp tab to see what we have. There is also a printable Summer Camp flyer.
- Do you offer daytime lessons for Homeschoolers?
- Yes, we offer Homeschoolers a 30 week Tuesday schedule from 10:00am-3:00pm that follows The Training Center Classes calendar and local homeschool co-ops calendar. For Homeschoolers who want our 36 week schedule,
we offer it on Tuesdays from 10:00am-7:00pm and Wednesdays from 2:00pm-8:00pm, and it follows the Conroe ISD calendar. We offer a 31 week schedule on Mondays starting from 2:00pm-7:00pm. Many of our Homeschoolers attend our after school Group Classes on Mondays and Tuesdays. See our Group Class Schedule for instruments, times and days offered for the Fall.
- Are there any other daytime options for Adults?
- Yes, at our main HFC campus, adults can take at any time. Lessons run from 2:00pm-7:00pm on Mondays, 10:00am-7pm on Tuesdays, and 2:00pm-8:00pm on Wednesdays.
- What Private Schools do you offer lessons On Campus?
Currently we are on Campus at the following Schools:
Covenant Christian School
Huntsville Classical Academy
Montgomery Christian Academy
Willis Classical Academy
Premier High School
Each campus tuition varies year to year depending on the current School's calendar (how many lessons there will be).
We offer Private Lessons, Group Classes and Buddy Classes on most school campuses. Each Campus varies depending on the school.
- What if my School isn't listed on the "On Campus" List?
We also Partner with the following schools who attend our Harvest Family Church after school Lessons and Classes:
The Conroe Rec Center
Sacred Heart Catholic School
ACAT Christian Academy
Lifestyle Christian School
TTC (The Training Center)
and many Local Pre Schools, Elementary, Jr. High and High Schools.
- What Group Classes are available this Fall?
- Fall 2017, we have new Beginner Group Classes in addition to continuing 2-5 year Group Guitar, Keyboard, Violin, Ukulele, Singing, Drums, Christian Drama, and more classes at our Harvest Family Church location. Note that the Singing Classes and Christian Drama classes are for all levels.
- If I am currently taking Private Lessons, can I switch to Group Classes?
- It depends If there is a class at your level. We could schedule an interview with you to determine if you are a good candidate to switch. If you are starting a new instrument in the fall, then for sure yes, you could take a Group or Buddy Class.
- How many students are in a Group Class?
Most of our Group Classes have a 4 student minimum and 6 student maximum. Some of our classes have more then 6 students like our singing class and Christian Drama classes.
During our Monday and Tuesday Group Classes, we conveniently have multiple instrument classes and student age groups going on at the same time to pick from so parents can bring all the their children all at the same time to take their music lessons. What a time saver!
- What if I have multiple children who want lessons?
- During our Monday and Tuesday Group Classes, we conveniently have multiple instrument classes and student age groups going on at the same time to pick from so parents can bring all the their children all at the same time to take their music lessons. What a time saver!
- What is a Buddy Class?
Find 1 or more friends, siblings or parents and take a class with them! Buddy Classes are great because you can pick your time slot and design your Buddy Class just for you and your
friends musical likes! Parents how about signing up and taking a class with your Kids?….Parent/Child Buddy classes will be taught at the Child’s level, but Parents, we will make sure you
are growing musically too!!
Another way we make Buddy Classes is when students sign up for a Group Class (4 or more students) and only 2 or 3 sign up. When this happens, we do not cancel the class, but make it a
Buddy Class. The tuition for the Buddy Classes and Group Classes are found under Tuition and Schedules tab on our website.
- What is the Registration Fee and what does it include?
A yearly Registration fee is paid per student for the August-May School year. Registration includes 1 or 2 Optional Recitals, and an Award Medal and Certificate of Completion for students who participate in the Spring Recital. Also, new students will get a free Art of Music Book Bag and returning students can choose a Free AoM T-Shirt, AoM Music Book Bag, or an Art of Music Lanyard.
Students can sign up for as many classes as they like with the yearly Registration fee. Fall registration begins in March every year and the Registration Fee secures a student’s time slot for the Fall and holds it all summer whether or not a student participates in summer lessons. (Time slots are on a 1st come basis and assigned when a student registers.)
$85 registration fee for Private Lesson Students, Buddy Classes, and 2nd year Group Classes. Includes 2 Optional Recitals.
$65 registration fee for 1st year Group/Buddy Classes and includes one optional recital.
Students pay one registration fee per year and can sign up for as many Fall classes as they want when they register.
All Registration Fees are non-refundable.
- Are books included in the Registration Fee?
- Books are not included in the Registration Fee. Book prices vary depending on the type of instrument and the age of the student.
- What is Pre-Registration?
Pre-Registration for the Fall 2017-2018 school year opens March 15, 2017. Pre-Registration gives our current students the opportunity to Register, keep, and secure their time slot
before we open Fall Registration which starts the day after our Spring Recital every year. Registration secures students Fall time slot all Summer until our Fall lessons/classes start.
When students Pre-Register, they are securing the time slot that they currently have. Students can request a different lesson day or time if they would like to switch for the Fall,
and we will contact them if it becomes available. Please write any special instructions about your time slot preference on the Registration form.
- What is the Private Lesson Registration Fee?
- Private lesson students pay $85 non-refundable Registration fee which includes 2 optional Recitals (December and April). If they participate in the Spring (April) Recital, they will receive an Award Medal and Certificate for completing the year. When students register, New Students will receive a FREE Music Back Pack Book Bag and Returning Students can pick between a FREE Music Book Bag, a FREE Art of Music T-Shirt, or an Art of Music Lanyard.
- What is the Group Class Registration Fee?
1st year Group students pay $65 non-refundable Registration Fee per student, which includes 1 Recital (April), and a Completion Award Medal and Certificate. New students will receive a FREE Music Book Bag.
Returning students (signing up for returning Group Classes), will have 2 recitals (December and April) and pay $85 registration fee to include both recitals. Along with their registration, they will each receive an Award Medal and Certificate (at the Spring Recital). Also along with registration, they can pick between a FREE back pack book bag, a FREE Art of Music T-Shirt, or our NEW Art of Music Lanyard.
- What is the Buddy Class Registration Fee?
1st year Buddy Class students pay $65 non-refundable Registration Fee per student, which includes 1 Recital (April), and a Completion Award Medal and Certificate. New students will receive a FREE Art of Music Back Pack Music Bag.
Returning Buddy Class students (signing up for 2nd year or up Buddy Classes, will have 2 recitals (December and April) and pay $85 registration fee to include both recitals. Along with their registration, they will receive an Award Medal and Certificate at the April Recital. They will also pick between a FREE back pack book bag, a FREE Art of Music T-Shirt, or our Art of Music Lanyard.
- How does the prorated tuition prices work?
Tuition is pro-rated, and based on the Location of the lessons, the number of lessons in the year and then divided by the amount of months in the year. For instance, at our Harvest Family Church after school location, a student taking lessons on Tuesdays in the Fall 2017 will be taking 36 lessons for the year. A 30 minute lesson is $36 a lesson at that location. We add that up and divide by 10 months (August – May) giving us the monthly tuition of $129 per month for August – May.
Because we pro-rate, you are not paying for the holidays that we are closed. Because we add up all the lessons for the year and divide it evenly, your tuition is the same amount every month. If a new student starts lessons after the school year has started, we count up how many lessons are left for the year and divide by however many months are left. We follow the Conroe ISD holiday calendar. Homeschool students on the 30 week schedule will follow the Training Center holiday calendar.
- How are Buddy Class Prices determined?
- Buddy Classes are priced depending on the number of students in the class, the length and location of the class. Prices for Buddy classes are found on our website under Tuition.
- How are Group Class Prices determined?
- Group Class prices depend on the location, day of the class and size of the class. Check our Policies and Fees page on the website and look under Group Classes and Buddy Classes for the Summer and Fall for the price of the class you are interested in.
- What if I miss a lesson?
- Because of scheduling conflicts, we are not able to offer make up lessons. If you will not be attending your lesson, we do appreciate you letting us know so we can let your teacher know.
- What is the Holiday schedule and do I pay for Holiday weeks?
At Harvest, we follow the Conroe ISD Holiday Calendar. In the schools, we follow each school's Holiday Calendar. The Harvest Location Calendar is posted on our website.
No, you do not pay for Holidays. All lessons whether they are Private Lessons, Group Lessons or Buddy Classes have been prorated depending on how many lessons that you will be getting that year. We do not count how many lessons you are getting each month because that will vary. But, the amount of lessons you are getting for the year, will not vary.
For instance, on the Conroe ISD Calendar, there are 31 Mondays, 36 Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays every year. Our Fall Group Classes are 30 weeks from September-May and our Spring Classes are 15 weeks from January-May.
- What are my payment options?
- We require automatic billing from either a checking account, credit card, or debit card. We accept Master Card and Visa. There is a $3 per $100 convenience fee per month added to credit card and debit card tuition payments. There is no added fee for checking account payments. Students pay by the month on the 1st, 5th, 15th, or 20th of each month. Also accepted are post-dated checks made out for each month, and full payment per semester (August-January, and February-May) or the full year (August-May) by check, credit card, or cash.
- What is your cancellation policy?
For Private lessons, we ask for a 30 day notice in writing before the 1st of the previous month to discontinue lessons.
However, because Group Classes and Buddy classes are priced depending on how many students are in the class, they are a full year commitment and cannot be dropped.
- What about Summer?
We offer 4 summer camp weeks in June and July for 2017, and hope that our students will take advantage of our convenient 3 day Summer Camps. Students come Monday – Wednesday for three days of 40 minute lessons instead of four weeks of 30 minute lessons, so they can get their music lessons in and still go on vacation or church camp!! We also offer two All Day Camps for ages 5-19 where students learn Songwriting (they will write and perform a song), pick 3 instruments to have lessons every day (guitar, keyboard, singing, drums, violin, or ukulele), have a Christian Drama Class, a Percussion class with Boomwackers, Bells, and Recorder Flutes, and perform everything they learned at an End of Camp performance.
We also have two Group Class 3-day Camps, two Private Lesson/Buddy Class 3-day Camps, and two Pick 3 Days Private Lesson/Buddy Class Camps for students who want to take several weeks in a row instead of 3 days in a row (students have 5 days to pick 3 day from each in June and July).
However, Summer is optional. Once the non-refundable registration is paid for Fall 2017, and a time slot is selected, we will hold the time slot all summer for that student. Fall tuition goes from August – May. Summer registration and tuition is separate.
There is a $15 non-refundable registration fee for all summer classes. The registration fee holds their time slot for the summer classes.
The Summer schedule is posted on our Home page and on the Summer tab, plus there is a printable Summer Camp Flyer.